Re: New CF app deployment - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: New CF app deployment
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 3:22 AM, Andrew Gierth
<andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk> wrote:
> There's a fairly serious readability problem when someone has posted a
> patch as a subthread of some more general discussion. For example, look
> at the "adaptive ndistinct estimator" patch: it's not obvious which
> attachment is the actual patch, and whether the latest email has
> anything to do with the patch is entirely arbitrary.

I think that the inability to put each message in context, with
"metadata" comments associated with individual messages is a serious
regression in functionality. I hope it is fixed soon. I raised this
issue at the earliest opportunity, when Magnus privately sought
feedback early last year.

--
Peter Geoghegan