Re: Add min and max execute statement time in pg_stat_statement - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: Add min and max execute statement time in pg_stat_statement
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 2:46 PM, Martijn van Oosterhout
<kleptog@svana.org> wrote:
> Well, the standard deviation is the square root of the variance, which
> is the second moment of the distribution. The first moment being the
> mean. No matter what distribution it is, these are useful numbers.

I'm inclined to agree. Perhaps more importantly, like the mean, the
stddev is the truth, even if it doesn't tell the full story. This data
will always need to be interpreted by a reasonably well informed
human.

--
Peter Geoghegan