Re: pgsql: Keep pg_stat_statements' query texts in a file, not in shared me - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: pgsql: Keep pg_stat_statements' query texts in a file, not in shared me
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 6:31 PM, KONDO Mitsumasa
<kondo.mitsumasa@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> No. I don't say root user is superuser. Executing initdb user will be
> postgres superuser. But it can change non-superuser after creating database.

Okay. I still don't understand what your point is, or how this patch
makes any worse what you'd consider to be a general problem. It
doesn't even differ from a security standpoint to the original
pg_stat_statements from 2009.

> I feel the sense of incongruity that is stored database data in text file.
> I'd like to hear from other people...

I think it's incongruous that you chose to make your opinion known at
this time and in this way. You knew about this patch several months
ago; are your surprised that it does what it was prominently
advertised to do?

--
Peter Geoghegan