Re: Draft release notes for next week's releases - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: Draft release notes for next week's releases
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 4:34 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Probably the most discussion-worthy item is whether we can say
> anything more about the strxfrm mess.  Should we make a wiki
> page about that and have the release note item link to it?

I just noticed that the release notes mention char(n) as affected.
That's not actually true, because char(n) SortSupport only came in
9.6. The Wiki page now shows this, which may be the most important
place, but ideally we'd fix this in the release notes. I guess it's
too late.

--
Peter Geoghegan