Re: Refactoring speculative insertion with unique indexes a little - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: Refactoring speculative insertion with unique indexes a little
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 11:56 AM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> That's because I believe this is quite broken, as already pointed out.
>
> I think I like your approach better.

That makes things far simpler, then.

>> Your premise here is that what Heikki said in passing months ago is
>> incontrovertibly the right approach. That's ridiculous. I think Heikki
>> and I could work this out quite quickly, if he engaged, but for
>> whatever reason he appears unable to. I doubt that Heikki thinks that
>> about what he said, so why do you?
>
> I don't -- I just think you could have sent a patch that addressed all
> the other points, leave this one as initially submitted, and note that
> the new submission left it unaddressed because you disagreed.

I'll try to do that soon. I've got a very busy schedule over the next
couple of weeks, though.

--
Peter Geoghegan