Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review]) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])
Date
In response to Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 9:13 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think the goals of this patch should be to (1) let users of other
> clients manipulate the startup configuration just as easily as we can
> already do using pgAdmin and (2) remove some of the concurrency
> hazards that pgAdmin introduces, for example by using locking and
> atomic renames.

+1

--
Peter Geoghegan