Re: Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review]) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])
Date
In response to Re: Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
Responses Re: Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 8:27 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> The point above is that we will always need some amount of external
> config file and, as such, we should probably consider which items should
> really only be set in the *config* files and which can be set in either
> place.

What settings did you have in mind? Which ones ought to be only be
settable in config files in your estimation?

--
Peter Geoghegan