Re: [CORE] Restore-reliability mode - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: [CORE] Restore-reliability mode
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 8:51 AM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
>> 4. Arguable RLS security bug, EvalPlanQual() paranoia - This seems
>> like another question of what the expectations around RLS actually
>> are.
>
> In the end that's minor from the end user's perspective.

I think that depends on what we ultimately decide to do about it,
which is something that I have yet to form an opinion on (although I
know we need to document the issue, at the very least). For example,
one idea that Stephen and I discussed privately was making security
barrier quals referencing other relations lock the referenced rows.
This was an informal throwing around of ideas, but it's possible that
something like that could end up happening.

--
Peter Geoghegan