Re: TEXT vs VARCHAR join qual push down diffrence, bug or expected? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeevan Chalke
Subject Re: TEXT vs VARCHAR join qual push down diffrence, bug or expected?
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 10:15 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
I wrote:
> Hm ... actually, we probably need *both* types of changes if that's
> what we believe the state values mean.

I too was confused with the state explanations from the code-comments which
we have them now. With your explanation here clears that.
Thanks for explaining those.

After a bit more thinking and experimentation, I propose the attached
patch.

I had a look over the patch and reviewed it. It is in excellent state to
check-in.

                        regards, tom lane

Thanks
--
Jeevan B Chalke
Principal Software Engineer, Product Development