Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Has anyone seen this marketing gimmick?EnterpriseDB vs MySQL vs MariaDB - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Umair Shahid
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Has anyone seen this marketing gimmick?EnterpriseDB vs MySQL vs MariaDB
Date
List pgsql-advocacy

On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 6:21 AM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
On 09/25/2017 06:03 PM, Tsunakawa, Takayuki wrote:
From: pgsql-advocacy-owner@postgresql.org

What might be interesting to discuss here is what more we can be doing to
make it clear that the PostgreSQL project is independent of any single
company and instead has contributions from many, not unlike the Linux
Foundation or the Python Foundation.

As a user, what reminds me of a single company is the Windows distribution.  The PG package for Windows is provided by EDB, which I think may give an impression that PostgreSQL is a single-vendor open source project.  Please don't get me wrong, I'm grateful to EDB for providing an easy-to-use package.

Just FYI, there is also the BigSQL package which is also linked from .Org.

... and there is also the 2UDA package, also linked from .org

Thanks,

JD

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa