Re: Commitfest overflow - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: Commitfest overflow
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 3 Aug 2021 at 11:56, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:

> I wonder if our lack of in-person developer meetings is causing some of
> our issues to not get closed.

That's an interesting thought. Every year there are some especially
contentious patches that don't get dealt with until the in-person
meeting which pushes people to make a call. However it seems like
that's only a handful and not really enough to explain the volume.

Unless people just find it easier to focus on reviewing in the days
leading up to the conferences and meetings. Fwiw I will have some time
set aside to do some patch reviewing coming up -- though I don't know
how much I can really help if the patches are the problem.

--
greg