Re: B-Tree support function number 3 (strxfrm() optimization) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: B-Tree support function number 3 (strxfrm() optimization)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jul 27, 2014 at 8:00 AM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> wrote:
> What may be of more interest to reviewers is the revised AC_TRY_RUN
> test program that "configure" consults.

I haven't looked yet. Can you describe what exactly the AC_TRY_RUN is
testing for?

If it's just whether the system supports strxfrm or UTF-8 at all that
might be ok. If it's detailed behaviour of the locales then that's a
problem since that could vary the platform the code is eventually run
on on compared to the one it's built on.

--
greg