Re: PostgreSQL for VAX on NetBSD/OpenBSD - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: PostgreSQL for VAX on NetBSD/OpenBSD
Date
List pgsql-hackers
For completeness, here's the regression tests from the conrttrib
modules. I haven't looked into why earthdistance is coming up with
such odd results but I suspect it all comes from the same arithmetic
source. I don't see any surprising internal dependencies on ieee
floating point.

For what it's worth there are a number of mentions in the docs of
platforms that have non-ieee semantics behaving differently so I
wouldn't say we don't support such platforms. If we could avoid the
test failures without weakening the tests for other platforms that
would be nice. But I don't see any obvious way to do that.

Attachment