Re: [HACKERS] Something for the TODO list: deprecating abstime and friends - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Something for the TODO list: deprecating abstime and friends
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 15 July 2017 at 23:00, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> While it's too late in the v10 cycle to do anything very meaningful
> about this now, I am tempted to strengthen the deprecation notice's
> wording from "might disappear" to "will disappear".

"Will certainly disappear at some unspecified date" is a lot less
convincing than "will disappear in 2021 in Postgres 14". The specific
year and version number is irrelevant
but picking and naming a specific one makes it a lot easier to follow
through come that date.

--
greg