Re: Commitfest 2023-03 starting tomorrow! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gregory Stark (as CFM)
Subject Re: Commitfest 2023-03 starting tomorrow!
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 8 Apr 2023 at 11:37, Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu> wrote:

> c) Pick out the Bug Fixes, cleanup patches, and other non-feature
> patches that might be open issues for v16.

So on further examination it seems there are multiple category of
patches that are worth holding onto rather than shifting to the next
release:

* Bug Fixes
* Documentation patches
* Build system patches, especially meson-related patches
* Testing patches, especially if they're testing new features
* Patches that are altering new features that were committed in this release

Some of these, especially the last category, are challenging for me to
determine. If I move forward a patch of yours that you think makes
sense to treat as an open issue that should be resolved in this
release then feel free to say.

--
Gregory Stark
As Commitfest Manager