Re: Should pg_upgrade use --quote-all-identifiers? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: Should pg_upgrade use --quote-all-identifiers?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 2:23 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Well, readability of those commands is worth something too, but in any
> case the short answer is that pg_dump has only one quote-an-identifier
> function, not different ones for server commands and final output.

Well for the final output one reason it's nice not to quote is that it
makes it easier to use the SQL generated by --inserts on a
non-postgres database. Mainly I'm thinking of the case issue but also
some databases use strange quoting rules.

--
greg