Re: Problem with displaying "wide" tables in psql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: Problem with displaying "wide" tables in psql
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 12:19 PM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> I don't think this is easily testable that way - doesn't it rely on
> determining the width of the terminal? Which you won't have when started
> from pg_regress?

There's a pset variable to set the target width so at least the
formatting code can be tested. It would be nice to have the ioctl at
least get called on the regression farm so we're sure we aren't doing
something unportable.

--
greg