Re: Should pg_upgrade use --quote-all-identifiers? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: Should pg_upgrade use --quote-all-identifiers?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 12:55 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Seems like this might be a good idea to avoid the type of failure
> exhibited in bug #8128.  We don't care too much about the readability
> of the dump script created during an upgrade, so it's hard to see a
> downside.

Huh. I thought you were talking about quoting identifiers in an SQL
dump. But you're not, you're talking about quoting identifiers in sql
being sent to the server during the pg_dump process. Why did pg_dump
ever not quote all such identifiers?

--
greg