Re: Single mater replica setup for an existing DB - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vijaykumar Jain
Subject Re: Single mater replica setup for an existing DB
Date
List pgsql-general

On Mon, 16 Aug 2021 at 00:47, Digimer <lists@alteeve.ca> wrote:

Hi all,

  Could I get recommendations on how to convert an existing database to a single-master replica setup?

  I'm running on RHEL 8 (pgsql version 10.17). I'd like to replicate the existing database to 1 (maybe 2) other hosts, synchronously ideally though async might be OK.

hands on using katakoda:

blogs:
There are many blogs for versions 11, 12 also.

-- i moved from manual to patroni, so found patroni simple to set up. ymmv
postgres HA using patroni.
There is an option to add an existing node to the patroni cluster.

official reference (especially for tuning config):

--
Thanks,
Vijay