Re: pg-audit extension - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vijaykumar Jain
Subject Re: pg-audit extension
Date
List pgsql-general

On Mon, Jul 26, 2021, 11:54 PM Olagoke Akinyemi <sahoong@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
Hello,

Could someone please, give me a quick guide? I am trying to install pgaudit extension on an existing PostgreSQL instance but I want to place it on a different this mount. How can i do this?

Are you trying to save pgaudit logs on a different location/ separate mount?
pgaudit would log audit stuff to the same log file to which postmaster is configured to log.

I can be corrected, but I am not sure you can log to a standalone location different from postgresql logs.
But if your concern is, if, incase of a crash you would lose your audit logs, them in my personal opinion, you can either use rsyslog or use something like filebeat to monitor changes to log file and send changes to a centralized setup.
If I misunderstood you, ignore my suggestions.