Re: Code of Conduct plan - Mailing list pgsql-general

From ERR ORR
Subject Re: Code of Conduct plan
Date
List pgsql-general
I see a CoC as an infiltration of the PostgreSQL community which has worked OK since at least 10 years.
The project owners have let their care slacken.
I request that the project owners EXPEL/EXCOMMUNICATE ALL those who are advancing what can only be seen as an instrument for harassing members of a to-date peaceful and cordial community.

THROW THESE LEFTIST BULLIES OUT‼️

Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk@bmrb.wisc.edu> schrieb am Mo., 17. Sep. 2018, 19:21:
On 09/17/2018 10:39 AM, Chris Travers wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 5:28 PM Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com>
> wrote:
>> My feedback is that those two sentences provide an overarching authority
>> that .Org does not have the right to enforce
> Fascinating that this would, on its face, not apply to a harassment
> campaign carried out over twitter, but it would apply to a few comments
> made over drinks at a bar.

There is a flip side: if you have written standards, you can be held
liable for not enforcing them. Potentially including enforcement of
twitbook AUP on the list subscribers who also have a slackogger account.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin