Re: logging pg_dump results in windows 7 - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From raghu ram
Subject Re: logging pg_dump results in windows 7
Date
List pgsql-novice

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 11:15 PM, Owen Sleep <osleep@docfocus.ca> wrote:
I'm currently running Postgres version 9.0.1 (haven't gone to 9.0.7 yet but soon) in a Windows 7 Professional x64 environment.

I run a pg_dump of certain DBs every night and would like to log the pg_dump results into a file. I'm just wondering what the best method for this is.

The pg_dump command I use is contained in a *.bat file. The actual follows this format:
   pg_dump.exe -h my_host -p my_port -U my_user -w -F c -b -v -f C:\testbackup postgres

I've tried the following commands to redirect the output to a file:
   pg_dump.exe -h my_host -p my_port -U my_user -w -F c -b -v -f C:\testbackup postgres>C:\testlog.txt
   pg_dump.exe -h my_host -p my_port -U my_user -w -F c -b -v -f C:\testbackup postgres|echo C:\testlog.txt
Both fail to produce anything.

I've searched the darkest corners of the net for an answer to this and come up with nothing. Which makes me feel that this is extraordinarily simple.
Am I correct?

Sleeper

Try with below command to log all messages into log file:

pg_dump.exe -h my_host -p my_port -U my_user -w -Fc -b -v -f  C:\testbackup postgres >>C:\testlog.txt 2>>C:\testlog.txt

--

Thanks & Regards,

Raghu Ram