Re: Delegating superuser tasks to new security roles (Was: Granting control of SUSET gucs to non-superusers) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bharath Rupireddy
Subject Re: Delegating superuser tasks to new security roles (Was: Granting control of SUSET gucs to non-superusers)
Date
In response to Re: Delegating superuser tasks to new security roles (Was: Granting control of SUSET gucs to non-superusers)  (Mark Dilger <mark.dilger@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Oct 7, 2021 at 10:29 PM Mark Dilger
<mark.dilger@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> > I have a question: it looks like the view pg_backend_memory_contexts
> > and the function pg_log_backend_memory_contexts are superuser only.
> > Isn't it a good idea to allow users with a pg_monitor or some other
> > similar role to use these as well? This question may be unrelated here
> > but I'm curious to know whether your patch set has a solution.
>
> Possibly, but I have stopped adding new topics to this particular patch set, as I'm already getting requests to break
itinto separate sets and email threads.

Thanks Mark. I will discuss it in a separate thread.

Regards,
Bharath Rupireddy.