Re: add log messages when replication slots become active and inactive (was Re: Is it worth adding ReplicationSlot active_pid to ReplicationSlotPersistentData?) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bharath Rupireddy
Subject Re: add log messages when replication slots become active and inactive (was Re: Is it worth adding ReplicationSlot active_pid to ReplicationSlotPersistentData?)
Date
In response to Re: add log messages when replication slots become active and inactive (was Re: Is it worth adding ReplicationSlot active_pid to ReplicationSlotPersistentData?)  (Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com>)
Responses Re: add log messages when replication slots become active and inactive (was Re: Is it worth adding ReplicationSlot active_pid to ReplicationSlotPersistentData?)
Re: add log messages when replication slots become active and inactive (was Re: Is it worth adding ReplicationSlot active_pid to ReplicationSlotPersistentData?)
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jul 25, 2022 at 6:31 PM Bharath Rupireddy

> Here's the v6 patch, a much simpler one - no changes to any of the
> existing function APIs. Please see the sample logs at [1]. There's a
> bit of duplicate code in the v6 patch, if the overall approach looks
> okay, I can remove that too in the next version of the patch.

I modified the log_replication_commands description in guc_tables.c.
Please review the v7 patch further.

--
Bharath Rupireddy
PostgreSQL Contributors Team