Re: How to erase transaction logs on PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Frank Church
Subject Re: How to erase transaction logs on PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general

On 8 March 2012 16:23, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
On Thu, 2012-03-08 at 10:18 +0000, Frank Church wrote:
> How do you purge the postgresql transaction log?

You don't. PostgreSQL does it for you.

> I am creating a virtual machine image and I want to erase any transaction
> logs that got built up during development. What is the way to do that?
>
> I am currently using 8.3 and 8.4.
>
> Is there the possibility that the logs saved in /var/log also contain
> security details?

The only security detail AFAIK would be passwords (if you set a password
and log queries, the password will be in the logs... the only way to
prevent that is to send it crypted).

What are the commands to accomplish that, ie getting PostgreSQL to erase the logs?

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info