Re: Any tool/script available which can be used to measure scalability of an application's database. - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Sergey Konoplev
Subject Re: Any tool/script available which can be used to measure scalability of an application's database.
Date
In response to Any tool/script available which can be used to measure scalability of an application's database.  (Sreejith Balakrishnan <sreejith.balakrishnan@tcs.com>)
List pgsql-performance
On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 12:21 PM, Sreejith Balakrishnan
<sreejith.balakrishnan@tcs.com> wrote:
> Dear @,
>
> Is there any tool or some sort of script available, for PostgreSQL, which
> can be used to measure scalability of an application's database. Or is there
> any guideline on how to do this.

"scalability of an application's database" can be understood either
like a relation of transactions per second to database size or like an
ability of database to be sharded/partitioned or may be like something
else.

Could you please explain more specifically the original task?
What is the goal of it?

--
Sergey Konoplev

a database and software architect