Re: minimum hardware requirements for small postgres db - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Sergey Konoplev
Subject Re: minimum hardware requirements for small postgres db
Date
List pgsql-novice
> It is for the above reasons I am revisiting the suitability of pg.  As stated my DB App will be single user offline
use,small, about 20 tables, and many of those will be just short 'picklists' triggered by Form input for
easier-validateddataentry.  I notice the FAQ, User Manual, & neither of the 2 replies directly addresses my primary
question:"If Atom class nettop not sufficient, would like to know the minimum class of CPU, RAM, GPU required."   Is it
quitedifficult to make even a rough recommendation of minimum hardware for the above 'small' db ?

For single user personal use small database any modern (down to 5
years old) nettop will be more than enough. I would recommend 256MB as
the bottom limit of RAM. See also this link
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/supported-platforms.html.

--
Sergey Konoplev
Database and Software Architect