Re: Why does the query planner use two full indexes, when a dedicated partial index exists? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Sergey Konoplev
Subject Re: Why does the query planner use two full indexes, when a dedicated partial index exists?
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 3:49 PM, Richard Neill <rn214@richardneill.org> wrote:
> * The reindex solution doesn't work. I just tried it, and the query planner
> is still using the wrong indexes.

Can you show the explain analyze with tbl_tracker_performance_1_idx
straight after reindex (eg. before it has been bloated again)?

> * If the tbl_tracker_performance_1_idx had indeed become bloated, wouldn't
> that have meant that when the query planner was forced to use it (by
> deleting the alternative indexes), it would have been slow?

It is hard to say. There might be a bloating threshold after with it
will be slow. Also it depends on the index column values.

--
Sergey Konoplev
Database and Software Architect

Phones: