Re: GSOC 2018 Proposal review - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Garima Natani
Subject Re: GSOC 2018 Proposal review
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Mark,

Thanks a lot for your feedback towards improving my proposal.
I have updated timeline as per changes suggested by you. Can you please review it again?
Below is the link to shared google docs.

Regards,
Garima Natani
Mtech, First year
Geoinformatics and Natural Resources Engineering
Centre of Studies in Resources Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay.
Have a nice day!!

On Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 7:34 AM, Mark Wong <mark@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
Hi Garima,

On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 10:36:05PM +0530, Garima Natani wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am looking forward to working with PostgreSQL organization In GSoC 2018.

Glad to see you're interested in this project!

> I have created Proposal for "Develop Performance Farm Database and Website"
> Project. Please,
>
> Please, can you review it send comments?

I think the general idea looks ok.  The biggest item I'd adjust is that
the performance farm plants (to distinguish them from the build farm
animals) shouldn't connect directly to the database.  Some of the django
web app work needs to be moved up into phase one, because I'd propose
the web app should also have an API that the build farm plants should
use to transfer results.

Good luck!

Regards,
Mark

--
Mark Wong                                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/
PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, RemoteDBA, Training & Services