Re: Problem with moderation of messages with patched attached. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Borisov
Subject Re: Problem with moderation of messages with patched attached.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 3 Mar 2022 at 13:28, Pavel Borisov <pashkin.elfe@gmail.com> wrote:
The mail system doesn't have the capability to apply different moderation rules for people in that way I'm afraid.
Maybe then 2MB for everyone? Otherwise it's not so convenient. Lead to answers before the questions in the thread [1], seems weird.

Then someone will complain if their patch is 2.1MB! How often are messages legitimately over 1MB anyway, even with a patch? I don't usually moderate -hackers, so I don't know if this is a common thing or not.
Hi, Dave!
Authors in the mentioned thread [1] bump into this issue while posting all 11 versions of a patchset. It is little bit more than 1MB. We can try to use .gz and if this doesn't work we report it again.

I'll ping a message across to the sysadmin team anyway; I can't just change that setting without buy-in from the rest of the team.
Thanks! Maybe this will solve the issue.

--
Best regards,
Pavel Borisov

Postgres Professional: http://postgrespro.com