Re: Add 64-bit XIDs into PostgreSQL 15 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Borisov
Subject Re: Add 64-bit XIDs into PostgreSQL 15
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi, Adherent!

On Fri, 9 Dec 2022 at 17:54, adherent postgres
<adherent_postgres@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Aleksander Alekseev
>  I think the xids 32bit transformation project has been dragged on for too long. Huawei's openGauss referenced this
patchto implement xids 64bit, and Postgrespro also implemented xids 64bit, which is enough to prove that their worries
areredundant.I think postgresql has no reason not to implement xid 64 bit. What about your opinion?

I agree it's high time to commit 64xids into PostgreSQL.

If you can do your review of the whole proposed patchset or only the
part that is likely to be committed earlier [1] it would help a lot!
I'd recommend beginning with the last version of the patch in thread
[1]. First, it is easier. Also, this review is going to be useful
sooner and will help a committer on January commitfest a lot.
[1]: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAFiTN-uudj2PY8GsUzFtLYFpBoq_rKegW3On_8ZHdxB1mVv3-A%40mail.gmail.com

Regards,
Pavel Borisov,
Supabase