Re: [GENERAL] ODBC constructs - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Dev Kumkar
Subject Re: [GENERAL] ODBC constructs
Date
List pgsql-odbc

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 12:32 PM, Dev Kumkar <devdas.kumkar@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 12:16 PM, John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:

for pooling, check out pgbouncer.   IMHO its a better basic pooler than pg_pool.

Sure, looks like its more light weight. And I hope, its not related to the decision between libpq and psqlODBC. And will work with both?

thats the perfect use case for ODBC.    you'll probably still need to rework some of your SQL if you did stuff thats Sybase specific, but thats a lot less hassle than rewriting all the API calls.

Yeah, hope you got my confusion and inclination now.
Well to work with psqlODBC, will I need to recompile the psqlODBC binary and any additional stuff to get ODBC working?
http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/odbc/versions/src/ has sources for windows or am I missing something here for linux? If Windows, then I think its just download and run the distribution. And for linux are those the same archives listed in link?

Regards...

Edited: Added some more text related to installing psqlODBC driver.