Re: [ODBC] ODBC constructs - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dev Kumkar
Subject Re: [ODBC] ODBC constructs
Date
Re: [ODBC] ODBC constructs  (Dann Corbit <DCorbit@connx.com>)
List pgsql-general
On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 7:40 PM, John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:
# yum install unixODBC-libs

should install the latest version from the distribution base repositories.

Its not finding it. May be I need to get on another box then, not sure.

Since ODBC driver was missing, downloaded unixODBC-2.3.0.tar.gz and configured/make this. Now "which odbc_config" works
       # which odbc_config
       /usr/local/bin/odbc_config
       # odbc_config --libs
       -L/usr/local/lib -lodbc

arrgh, now you're making a mess.

standard 2 part warranty applies here, you get to keep both pieces if you're mixing packaged software with custom built.

You want me clean some stuff. Because I installed 'unixODBC-2.3.0'?