Re: Timezone information - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dev Kumkar
Subject Re: Timezone information
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 8:31 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
If you mean you would like to use Windows' timezone data, the answer is
you can't --- and you generally shouldn't want to, because AFAIK their
timezone data is pretty sucky: it's incomplete and not terribly accurate
about historical details.  We use the IANA timezone database[1], which is
where those names like Asia/Calcutta come from.

Most modern operating systems use the IANA database for their system-level
timezone knowledge, but Windows is still in the dark ages last I heard.

                        regards, tom lane

Hmm. Is there any postgreSQL command/binary which can be used to set timezone according to OS one.
At the time of postgreSQL install how does it pick timezone information and sets into postgreSQL.conf accordingly.

Regards...