Re: connection poolers' db connections - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Yetkin Öztürk
Subject Re: connection poolers' db connections
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hi Kevin,

thanks for responding.  I understand its a world of bottlenecks,  different combinations of producer-consumer problems,

Beyond a certain point, starting the query sooner will cause it to
finish later.  Really.

but I think in our situation our Postgres server can consume more connections, at least i'll give a try.

Yetkin.

2013/2/13 Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@ymail.com>
Yetkin Öztürk <yetkin85@gmail.com> wrote:

> Which key should i set for changing the limit of connection
> between pgbouncer <-> posgres8.4?

The options which end in _pool_size.  max_client_conn specifies how
many application connections can be made to pgbouncer.

It's generally best to use pool_mode of transaction if you can.

> I want to increase the connections of pgbouncer opened on posgres
> (pgbouncer<->posgres) to eliminate waiting connections in the
> pool, to consume queries faster.

Be sure to read this:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Number_Of_Database_Connections

--