Re: Replication slot stats misgivings - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From vignesh C
Subject Re: Replication slot stats misgivings
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Mar 20, 2021 at 9:26 AM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 20, 2021 at 12:22 AM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> >
> > And then more generally about the feature:
> > - If a slot was used to stream out a large amount of changes (say an
> >   initial data load), but then replication is interrupted before the
> >   transaction is committed/aborted, stream_bytes will not reflect the
> >   many gigabytes of data we may have sent.
> >

> We can probably update the stats each time we spilled or streamed the
> transaction data but it was not clear at that stage whether or how
> much it will be useful.

I felt we can update the replication slot statistics data each time we
spill/stream the transaction data instead of accumulating the
statistics and updating at the end. I have tried this in the attached
patch and the statistics data were getting updated.
Thoughts?

Regards,
Vignesh

Attachment