Re: Transfer db from one port to another - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Killian Driscoll
Subject Re: Transfer db from one port to another
Date
Re: Transfer db from one port to another  (Melvin Davidson <melvin6925@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
On 23 December 2015 at 20:59, Melvin Davidson <melvin6925@gmail.com> wrote:
>OK - I see the logs there - the last log was almost 12 hrs ago, so no recent one.

That's not very helpful. Depending on how you've configured the logging, PostgreSQL may only create one log file a day.
I didn't change a configuration, so it is how it came 'out of the box'

Conventional thinking is It's what is IN the log file that is important.
Apologies - I have looked, but what's in it doesn't appear to relate to the current pg_restore as it was logged many hours before so I didn't mention it, and its a 13mb file so I didn't attach it.

One thing I see it says
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "1" at character 1
STATEMENT:  1    0106000020E61000000100000001030000000100000049000000A2EA743BD46B1DC0EC7756B43F1
with the latter part being similar to the alphanumeric I see currently running in the windows shell. This is all a bit above my pay grade as you've probably gathered....