Re: Doubt about query - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Bianca Stephani
Subject Re: Doubt about query
Date
List pgsql-novice

On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 4:38 AM, Christoffer Westring <dille.westring@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Bianca,

What are you looking for, I think it is the "string_agg" function.
So for example the following query:
"Select string_agg(name, ', ') from table;"
will return "name1, name2, ....".

If you need top 5 rows you can add "limit 5" or other conditions you need.

Thanks, but i don't want the top 5 records. I maybe have not been clear about what I want...

I have a table with N columns. Of this N, i want the value of 5 columns. So, if I do a normal select, i would get something like:

column1        column2          column3       column4       column5
value1row1   value2row1     value3row1  value4row1   value5row1
value1row2   value2row2     value3row2  value4row2   value5row2
value1row3   value2row3     value3row3  value4row3   value5row3

And what i really want is:

column
[value1row1,value2row1, value3row1, value4row1, value5row1, value1row2 , value2row2,  value3row2, value4row2, value5row2, value1row3, value2row3, value3row3, value4row3, value5row3]

Can I do that?

Hope it helps.