Re: Upgrade from 8.4 to 9.4.1 - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From s d
Subject Re: Upgrade from 8.4 to 9.4.1
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi,

My guess you read two different sources with different aspects of the topic.
Of course you can use the new version's pg_dump only if you have both versions.
I have used the 8.4's pg_dump with the 9.3's pg_restore without any problem, though.
However, keep in mind there could be difference between major versions, which
could affect your application.

Regards,
Sándor Daku