Re: DEFERRABLE NOT NULL constraint - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bèrto ëd Sèra
Subject Re: DEFERRABLE NOT NULL constraint
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Chris,

> Why do that as a trigger, then? Why not simply call a procedure that
> generates the value and inserts it?

Because this must be iso-8859-1 to whoever makes the call and I'm not
supposed to expose any detail of what's going on behind the scenes.
Outsourcing part of sensitive apps also means that you do not want all
of the outside devs to know all that company X is doing, and how it is
doing it, sometimes.

Cheers
Bèrto

--
If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in a