temp tablespaces and SSDs, etc.. - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Jon Nelson
Subject temp tablespaces and SSDs, etc..
Date
List pgsql-performance
I was wondering if somebody could clear up how tablespaces are used.
Let's say I have three classes of storage:
- ramdisk (tmpfs)
- SSD
- spinning rust

Furthermore, let's say I'd like to be able to tell postgresql to
prefer them - in that order - until they each get full. IE, use tmpfs
until it reports ENOSPC and then fall back to SSD, finally falling
back to spinning rust.  Is there a way to do this?

--
Jon