Re: Weird query error from one of my users - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Scott Mead
Subject Re: Weird query error from one of my users
Date
List pgsql-admin

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 2:57 PM, John Scalia <jayknowsunix@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I have a user submitting a query involving a column that is an hstore type. The query seems to run just fine from her pgAdmin III console, but I cannot get it to run from a psql session.

Are you sure that the two of you are connected to the same instance ?

I've been studying the hstore page on the postgresql site but nothing there is quite like this query on that page. Here's the query:

SELECT
        a.id as sva_id,
        m.account_number_hash as account_num_hash,
        a.status as status,
        a.balance_currency as currency,
        a.balance as balance,
        'datamart_fdw_m2'::text as platform
    FROM account a
    INNER JOIN switch_mcontainer m ON (m.attributes -> 'EXTERNAL_ID')::text = a.external_id::text;

The psql error says: ERROR:  operator does not exist: public.hstore -> unknown

I don't quite understand the error as the postgresql hstore page shows the "->" as a valid operator. Anyone have any ideas? And of course, the better question is why does it run correctly in pgAdmin? Please let me know if you need the table descriptions for either the account or mcontainer or both tables.

Thanks in advance,
Jay