Re: FATAL: invalid page in block 0 of relation global/1262 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Luca Ferrari
Subject Re: FATAL: invalid page in block 0 of relation global/1262
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 5:22 PM Ibrahim Edib Kokdemir
<kokdemir@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I upgraded my cluster from 9.6 to 11 with pg_upgrade hardlink parameter two days ago. Since then it has been working
greatas v11. Today while running heavy update queries on it, I got the  "FATAL:  invalid page in block 0 of relation
global/1262"message and server crushed.
> Hard reset and trying to start, it start but shows the same error message and do not let me to connect. "psql: FATAL:
invalid page in block 0 of relation global/1262". I read that the filenode 1262 is for pg_database table.

The error message is indicating there is a page checksum error, i.e.,
the filesystem got corrupted.
I'm not aware of any way of turning it off without re-initdbing
(<https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/app-initdb.html>).
Sorry, but seems to me a good backup is required to fix it.

Luca