Re: Postgresql not accessible, recovering - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Luca Ferrari
Subject Re: Postgresql not accessible, recovering
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 3:39 PM, Gary Stainburn
<gary.stainburn@ringways.co.uk> wrote:
> On Tuesday 19 November 2013 14:25:44 bricklen wrote:

> LOG:  received smart shutdown request
> LOG:  shutting down
> LOG:  database system is shut down
> LOG:  database system was shut down in recovery at 2013-11-19 10:22:59 GMT
> LOG:  database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in
> progress

Are you shutting down the database while recovery is in progress or is
there any tool that is doing that for you? I mean, the recovery could
be taking so long because something is kicking it away before it is
finished?
For what I know recovery should be kind of proprotional to the
checkpoint configurations, have you changed such settings to get very
high windows over checkpoints?

Luca