Re: pgbackrest restore to new location? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Luca Ferrari
Subject Re: pgbackrest restore to new location?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 3:09 AM Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In order to do this, do I create a new stanza in config file which has
> pg1-path point to the new/empty directory structure while still pointing to
> the existing backup directory, and restore that stanza?

No, I would do this:
1) execute stop for that stanza on the backup machine
2) change the pg1-path for that stanza on the target machine
3) execute the restore command on the target machine
4) adjust backup machine stanza path and 'start' it again.

If you create a new stanza, pgbackrest will not find it in the backup
repository.

Luca