Re: pg 8.3 replication causing corruption - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bob Hatfield
Subject Re: pg 8.3 replication causing corruption
Date
List pgsql-general
> have you had any power events?  hard shutdowns, etc? I wonder if the problem is in the clog files, and not the heap
itself.

Nothing unusual for as long as I can tell.  Reminder that as long as I
don't restart the primary's pg process, everything works fine
(secondary's data is intact).

It's as if stopping/starting the primary causes a shipped wal file to
be corrupt or contain duplicated data then processed by the secondary.