[HACKERS] [GSoC] Self introduction and question to mentors - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Кирилл Бороздин
Subject [HACKERS] [GSoC] Self introduction and question to mentors
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello!

My name is Kirill Borozdin. I am a student of Ural Federal University from Yekaterinburg, Russia.
I was trying to find some interesting algorithmic problem for GSoC and finally ran into PostgreSQL and
"Sorting algorithms benchmark and implementation" task.
This problem looks both challenging and practical. I have the strong background in algorithmic
problems (I like programming contests and passed to the ACM-ICPC World Finals this year).
Also I do some CS research (my paper is waiting for review on Combinatorial Pattern Matching 2017 conference).
I understand that this task will require a big number of experiments because we want to achieve
a speed-up in real life cases.

Can you recommend me some articles or specific source files in PostgreSQL codebase (it is so huge!)
which I can explore to be better prepared (in case I will be lucky enough to be selected for GSoC)?

Best wishes,
Kirill Borozdin

--
С уважением, Кирилл Бороздин