ACL error with 4.18 - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Malik Rumi
Subject ACL error with 4.18
Date
List pgadmin-support
I just upgraded from 2.0. That's a big leap, so I fully expected issues, with my learning curve if not with the software itself. But to my delight everything seems to be in the same places and work the same way, and the interface is much nicer, too.

My one issue (so far) is this warning I got on calling pga4 from the command line:

"WARNING: Failed to set ACL on the directory containing the configuration database: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: '/var/lib/pgadmin'"

In all of Google, there is only one exact match for this search query. It is only 3 weeks old but it is not in English. What I see elsewhere all seems to relate to using containers like Docker, which I do not. Further, this does not seem to be an OS error, so I don't think chown is called for. My search in the pga4 documentation came up empty for 'acl' and 'access control list'. It was at that point I decided to post here, before I did something a) silly b) unnecessary c) even worse.

Q:
1. Is this warning only for containerization, so I can safely ignore it?
2. If not, how / where do i fix it?

Thanks.

“None of you has faith until he loves for his brother or his neighbor what he loves for himself.”