How to configure this - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Khuram Rafique
Subject How to configure this
Date
List pgsql-admin
I need to tell brief story.

I have a cloud node service provided by elephantsql.com

My cloud pgsql instance successfully connected with "SQL Manager (EMS)" tool. This tool is alternative option to PgAdmin tool.

But same instance did not connect with PgAdmin ... error - Fatal: Password Authentication Failed for user 'user'.

I have application in MS Access. The ODBC test button on MS Access ODBC connection form initially gave "Connection Successful" message. But just after moments, I got another message that connection crashed "pg_hba config...." message was like that.

Afterwards, any ODBC connection attempt in MS Access (also MS Excel) started giving the message of "Fatal: Password Authentication Failed for user 'user' .

But .. SQL Manager (EMS) can always be successfully connected from home laptop.

In office with proxy settings .... It is not connected even with SQL Manager ... On every tool, it gives error "Could not translate host name to address. Unknown server error."

So there are multiple things. Server is up and running. But can be connected only from one tool and that also only on home laptop.

So Sirs, is it a bug or just a case of configuration. If config ... Which thing to be configured and how?
--
Khuram
Soft Accounting Technologies