Re: CREATE UNLOGGED MATERIALIZED VIEW - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mitar
Subject Re: CREATE UNLOGGED MATERIALIZED VIEW
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi!

On Tue, Dec 25, 2018 at 10:25 AM Adrian Klaver
<adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
> Don't know. From my POV MATERIALIZED VIEWS are transient any way you
> look at them. They capture a state at a point in time and then the data
> they depend on moves on. Given that they can be refreshed at will not
> sure logging/not logging really matters.

I agree with you. But current default is RELPERSISTENCE_PERMANENT. So
there is an option for RELPERSISTENCE_UNLOGGED.

So, I think that we should or a) make RELPERSISTENCE_UNLOGGED default,
b) document RELPERSISTENCE_UNLOGGED or c) remove it.

I propose b).

Mitar

--
http://mitar.tnode.com/